KRAFTIN' KIMMIE STAMPS | TIPS: WATERCOLOR

TIPS AND TUTORIALS
WATERCOLOR
 
Hello!  This is Krafty Girl Becky from Cards by Becky 
with some quick tips for watercoloring.

 

SUPPLIES:
KKS Buds and Blooms stamp set ( just released - new! )
Watercolor Paper
Memento Ink Pads
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads

PAPER:
I thought it might be nice to see how different types of paper react.

 with BLENDING TOOL:
 with WATERCOLORING:
 
PAINT BRUSHES:
I use Italeri size 000 sable and synthetic brushes for watercoloring
stamped images and also inexpensive paint brushes for simple coloring.
 
CARD 1:

 First I stamped and embossed the flowers,
then watercolored over it with Tim Holtz distress inks.
 
 
CARD 2:
 First, I used washi tape around the edges to create a border.
I use hard scrap paper (diet coke packaging) for the base.
 Next, using the solid flower stamp...
I cover the stamp with water, then stamp it into the distress ink
and lastly stamp it onto the watercolor paper. 
Adding a layer of water onto the stamp before the ink, creates a soft appearance.
 Then, I watercolored the stamped leaves and background.
 Tip!  Dots and Specks:
Dip your brush into watercolor (or sometimes I use acrylic paint),
then use your finger to tap the edge of your brush over the paper!
 
CARD 3:
 
 First, I embossed the flower stamps.
 
Then, I watercolored the background.
Tip! Salt: After watercoloring and while it's wet, sprinkle salt over it.
Once it has dried, remove the salt for a beautiful result.
  
 
FEBRUARY - NEW RELEASE
Now Available!   Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Shop
http://www.kraftinkimmiestamps.com/index.php?main_page=products_new&zenid=knn4cdvpkh2l2qu7v686j47e35
___________________________________________________________________
 
  Check the KKS Blog for more Tips & Tutes!
 
 http://kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.com/search?q=tips&max-results=20&by-date=true     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
I treasure and read each one. ~xo~ Becky

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...